Doctor burnt in fire caused by sanitiser succumbs to injury | The Daily Star
12:00 AM, July 29, 2020 / LAST MODIFIED: 12:34 AM, July 29, 2020

Doctor burnt in fire caused by sanitiser succumbs to injury

A doctor, who along with his wife sustained severe burn injuries from a fire reportedly caused by a lit cigarette coming in contact with hand sanitiser, died at a hospital yesterday morning.

Rajib Bhattacharjee (36), a neurosurgeon at Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujib Medical University, breathed his last around 8:30am at the intensive care unit of Sheikh Hasina National Burn and Plastic Surgery Institute, Dr Samanta Lal Sen, chief coordinator of the institute, told The Daily Star.

Rajib was put on life support with 87 percent burns since the fire incident that took place at their house in Dhaka's Hatirpool on July 22.

His wife Anushua Bhattacharjee, a doctor at a private medical college, is receiving treatment at the hospital with 20 percent burns.

"We cannot say that she is out of danger yet," Dr Sen said.

Stay updated on the go with The Daily Star Android & iOS News App. Click here to download it for your device.

Grameenphone:
Type START <space> BR and send SMS it to 22222

Robi:
Type START <space> BR and send SMS it to 2222


Banglalink:
Type START <space> BR and send SMS it to 2225

Leave your comments

Top News

Top News

Top