2 workers die from inhaling toxic gases in Ctg | The Daily Star
01:12 PM, August 09, 2020 / LAST MODIFIED: 01:14 PM, August 09, 2020

2 workers die from inhaling toxic gases in Ctg

Two workers died after inhaling toxic gas inside a water tank in Harbatali area under Akbar Shah Police Station in Chattogram city this morning.

The deceased were identified as Md Raju (30) and Md Raihan (28) of Noakhali district, our Chattogram correspondent reports, quoting police.

Mostafizur Rahman, office-in-charge of Akbar Shah Police Station, said the two workers fell sick when they descended into the underground water tank for cleaning at a newly constructed building in the area around 8:45am and died on the spot.

As the building owner did not get any response from the workers for a long time, he informed police and fire service officials, Mostafizur said.

Later, the firefighters recovered the bodies from the tank, the OC said, adding that the bodies were sent to Chattogram Medical College Hospital.

 

Stay updated on the go with The Daily Star Android & iOS News App. Click here to download it for your device.

Grameenphone:
Type START <space> BR and send SMS it to 22222

Robi:
Type START <space> BR and send SMS it to 2222


Banglalink:
Type START <space> BR and send SMS it to 2225

Leave your comments

Top News

Top News

Top