Siddikur left ruing his luck
While his colleagues at the Asian Tour were teeing off at a 2.5-million-dollar International Series Qatar on Thursday morning, Bangladesh's Siddikur Rahman was left ruing his luck as he failed to get visa from Oman for Qatar.
The 38-year-old golfer was in the last leg of his Middle East journey, having taken part in two events there – one in Saudi Arabia and the other in Oman – before planning to embark on the big-money event. Instead, he was back home in Bangladesh by Thursday morning, for his e-visa application had been rejected.
"I was supposed to get e-visa through a promoter. They had applied and got rejected from the CID of Qatar," Siddikur ruefully told The Daily Star.
The two-time Asian Tour winner didn't particularly do too well in the first two events of the season, yet he was able to make cuts in both and pocketed a hefty sum of 20,500 dollars from these two events. He was confident of doing well in Qatar too.
Siddikur didn't know what the specific reason was for him to be rejected for a visa. He said now he was left looking forward to the second week of March for the next Asian Tour event in Thailand.