Mash still uncertain | The Daily Star
12:00 AM, July 13, 2018 / LAST MODIFIED: 12:06 AM, July 13, 2018

Mash still uncertain

Bangladesh ODI skipper Mashrafe Bin Mortaza remained undecided about whether he will fly tonight for West Indies with the other members of the ODI squad as his wife Sumona Haque's condition was yet to stabilise.

Mashrafe was supposed to fly with Sabbir Rahman, Mosaddek Hossain, Nazmul Islam and Abu Hider this evening but the beloved cricketer was undecided about his travel plans to join the Tigers in the Caribbean because Sumona, who was diagnosed with bacteria in her blood, made little progress in treatment.

According to sources, Mashrafe will take the final decision about whether he will fly tonight or on July 15 this afternoon.

 “If he cannot fly tomorrow then he may fly on the night of July 15 and we are hopeful that he will finally be able to join the team before the three-match ODI series,” said chief selector Minhajul Abedin last night.

Meanwhile, Mustafizur Rahman and Anamul Haque, the other two members of the ODI squad, will board a different flight early morning of July 14.

The Tigers will play a warm-up game on July 19 in Jamaica before the start of the ODI series on July 22 at the Guyana National Stadium, where the second match will also take place on July 25. The third and final ODI will be held on July 28 at Warner Park, St. Kitts.

Stay updated on the go with The Daily Star Android & iOS News App. Click here to download it for your device.

Type START <space> BR and send SMS it to 22222

Type START <space> BR and send SMS it to 2222

Type START <space> BR and send SMS it to 2225

Leave your comments

Top News

Top News