• Friday, August 01, 2014

  • 2014/07/13/ad_1405242713.gif
  • 2014/07/27/ad_1406455491.gif

Fire

Bangladesh airliner catches fire on landing in Nepal, no injuries

Bangladesh airliner catches fire on landing in Nepal, no injuries

A rear wheel of an Airbus A-310 operated by Biman Bangladesh Airlines caught fire on landing at Nepal's international airport in Kathmandu on Monday, but there were no injuries, an official said. All 201 passengers, one infant and 11 crew on board the flight from Dhaka were evacuated, airport spokesman Birendra Shrestha said. He said...

Fire kills 5 of a family in Ctg

Fire kills 5 of a family in Ctg

Five members of a family were burnt to death at their residence in Hathazari upazila of Chittagong this evening. The deceased were identified as Rozi Aktar, 35, Rina Aktar, 12, Shima Aktar, 10, Maruf Aktar, 5, and Jhuma Aktar, 7, reports our Chittagong correspondent. The five were burnt to death as a fire broke out...

Scolari 'resigns' after World Cup

Scolari 'resigns' after World Cup

Brazil coach Luiz Felipe Scolari has resigned after his country's failure to win the 2014 World Cup, reports Brazilian broadcaster Globo TV. Scolari, 65, won the tournament in 2002 but his side could only finish fourth when hosting this year's event. His team were thrashed 7-1 by Germany in the World Cup semi-final, their joint-heaviest loss ever and first home competitive defeat for 39 years. Brazil then lost 3-0 to the Netherlands in the third place play-off. Scolari's contract was set to expire after the tournament, and Globo TV - Brazil's leading broadcaster - reports that the resignation will be confirmed on Monday by the CBF, Brazil's football confederation. UOL News website is also...

1 killed in city tailoring shop fire

1 killed in city tailoring shop fire

A worker was killed and three others sustained burn injuries as a fire broke out at a tailoring shop in Kamrangirchar area of the capital this morning. Kabir, 38, succumbed to his injuries at Dhaka Medical College and Hospital (DMCH), said sources at Fire Service and Civil Defence. The three injured are now undergoing treatment...

Fire at Tongi RMG factory

Fire at Tongi RMG factory

A fire broke out at a sweater factory in Tongi of Gazipur this afternoon. The fire originated at FS Sweater Ltd housed on the fourth floor of a six-story building around 4:30pm, said SA Khaled, an assistant superintendent of Industrial Police in Gazipur. He added that the fire immediately spread to the other floors.  Six units...

Fire guts 160 shanties in Mirpur

Fire guts 160 shanties in Mirpur

At least 160 shanties were gutted in a fire that broke out near Jhutpatti (area for jhut trade) at Mirpur Section-10 in the capital today. Seven firefighting units brought the blaze under control around 1:00pm after two hours of frantic efforts. Reason behind the fire that originated at the shanties of jhut workers could not...

Fire at Ashulia sweater factory

Fire at Ashulia sweater factory

A fire broke out at a sweater factory in Ashulia on the outskirts of the capital this evening. The cause of the fire which originated around 6:30pm from a corner of ZA Sweater Factory could not be known instantly. Five firefighting units from Savar and EPZ brought the flames under control around 7:30pm.   Four locals received...

Fire guts 100 cloth shops in Narayanganj

Fire guts 100 cloth shops in Narayanganj

At least 100 cloth shops and factories were gutted as a devastating fire swept through a tin-shed market in Narayanganj city early today. Five people also sustained minor injuries when they tried to douse the fire, report our Narayanganj correspondent.  Staring around 4:00am, the fire soon engulfed the entire Shuhrawardi Market burning down over 100...

Baby burnt alive, parents hurt in Gazipur fire

Baby burnt alive, parents hurt in Gazipur fire

A six-month-old baby was burnt to death and his parents were seriously injured as a fire broke out at their house in Gazipur City Corporation area early today. Fahim Hossain, who was rushed to the burn unit of Dhaka Medical College and Hospital with 60 percent burn injuries, succumbed around 1:25pm, hospital sources said.  Fahim and his parents Jewel Mia, 35, and Munni, 25, sustained severe burn injuries when the fire originated at their Chaidana house around 4:00am. Jewel, a garment worker, and Munni are now undergoing treatment at the DMCH. Local word councillor Mohammad Ali told...

Fire at Secretariat

Fire at Secretariat

A fire broke out at a building of the Secretariat in the capital this afternoon. The fire originated from an electric distribution box on the top floor of the 19-storey building of the secretariat, fire service officials said. Fire fighters managed to bring the flame under control in 10 minites after it had originated around...

Video Stories »

2014/07/27/ad_1406455404.gif
LG
ksrm

Ads by Google


Ads by Google

promoting-knowledge.jpg