• Friday, March 06, 2015

  • edailystar banglalink
  • 2015/01/17/ad_1421494947.jpg
  • ROBI


Death Of Kushtia Kid

It was rotten watermelon

Researchers have found no chemical in watermelon, consumption of which was thought to have caused the death of a child and illness to 29 others in Kushtia last month. “We didn't find any chemical in the fruit, but there was entero-aggressive E coli in only two samples,” Prof Mahmudur Rahman, director of Institute of Epidemiology, Disease Control and Research (IEDCR), told newsmen at his office in the capital yesterday. He said bacterial contamination in rotten and odorous watermelons might have caused...

Kushtia kid dies eating ‘poisonous melon’

Kushtia kid dies eating ‘poisonous melon’

At least one child died and 10 others fell sick after they ate “poisonous” watermelon in Kumarkhali upazila of Kushtia. Smrity, 9, died around 2:30pm at the Kushtia Medical College Hospital reports our Kushtia correspondent. Her brother Anik, 11, went into coma due to his sickness, said Dr Asaduzzaman, an assistant professor of Rajshahi Medical...

ICC Cricket World Cup Beta Version Super Chef

Ads by Google

  • edailystar

Ads by Google

Amor Ekushey 2015
wide angle
Promoting Knowledge