A young couple and their four-year-old girl were burnt to death in a fire in Gomostapur upazila of Chapainawabganj early yesterday.
The deceased -- Durul Huda 30, his wife Maksuda Khatun, 25, and their daughter Sonia -- were asleep when the fire broke out around 2:00am at their two-storey mud house in Digha village under Parbotipur union.
The fire might have originated from a burning mosquito coil on the first floor, said family sources.
Firefighters, who were stationed in Chapainawabganj town, 40 kilometres away, reached the spot after around an hour and put out the blaze with the help of the locals.
Moazzem Hossain, chairman of Parbotipur union parishad, said when the fire started, Durul's mother Johurun Beoa and his another daughter Fulki were sleeping in a ground-floor room and they managed to come out unhurt.
An unnatural death case has been filed with Gomostapur Police Station.