Woman electrocuted | The Daily Star
12:00 AM, May 17, 2008 / LAST MODIFIED: 12:00 AM, May 17, 2008

Woman electrocuted

A woman was electrocuted at a sweater factory at Shyampur in the city yesterday.
The deceased was identified as Kulsum Begum, 38, a cleaner of Young Star Sweater Factory.
Police said Kulsum came into contact with torn electric wire while she was cleaning the floor at around 7:00am.
Other staff of the factory rushed her to Dhaka Medical College Hospital where on-duty doctors declared her dead.
Mohammad Ali, sub inspector of Shyampur Police Station, said rats ate up the rubber edging of the wire.

Stay updated on the go with The Daily Star News App. Click here to download it for your device.

Grameenphone and Robi:
Type START <space> BR and send SMS it to 2222

Banglalink:
Type START <space> BR and send SMS it to 2225

Leave your comments

Top News

Top News

Top