12:00 AM, November 11, 2012 / LAST MODIFIED: 12:00 AM, November 11, 2012

2 die after inhaling gas in septic tank

Share this with

Copy this link
Our Correspondent, Mymensingh

Two construction workers died and another fell seriously sick after they inhaled toxic gas inside a septic tank in Haluaghat upazila headquarters yesterday.
The deceased were identified as Abdur Razzaq, 25 and Abdul Ahad, 35, of Gubrakura village in the upazila.
Another worker, identified as Amirul Islam, 30, was rushed to Mymensingh Medical College Hospital in critical condition.
Police said, the three workers were cleaning a septic tank of a newly constructed building, owned by Iftekherul Islam Masud, headmaster of Haluaghat Girls High School, at around 12.30pm.
Abur Razzaq entered into the septic tank first. As there was no response from him after sometime, Ahad got into it. Finding both of them silent, Amirul also entered the septic tank and found them dead, said Musfiqur Rahman, officer in-charge of Haluaghat police station.
Hearing the scramming of Amirul, other workers rushed to the spot and rescued him in critical condition, said the OC. He was rushed to MMCH.
Razzak and Ahad died of suffocation and Amirul fell sick after inhaling toxic gas, said the OC.
Police recovered the bodies with the help of local people and sent those to MMCH morgue for autopsy.

Leave your comments

Share this with

Copy this link