Bangladesh and India signed six agreements and 16 memoranda of understanding yesterday on the second day of Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina's four-day state visit to India.
1. On “Cooperation in Peaceful uses of Nuclear Energy” between the governments of Bangladesh and India.
2. For the “Exchange of Technical Information and Co-operation in the Regulation of Nuclear Safety and Radiation Protection” -- between Bangladesh Atomic Energy Regulatory Authority (BAERA) and Atomic Energy Regulatory Board (AERB) of India.
3. On “Cooperation regarding Nuclear Power Plant Projects in Bangladesh” between Bangladesh Atomic Energy Commission (BAEC) and Global Centre for Nuclear Energy Partnership (GCNEP), India.
4. On “Audio-visual Co-production” between the governments of Bangladesh and India.
5. For the “Regulation of Motor Vehicle Passenger Traffic” (Khulna-Kolkata route) and SOP of the agreement between Bangladesh and India.
6. For the construction of 36 community clinics in Bangladesh -- a financial agreement between the governments of Bangladesh and India.
1. On “Defence Cooperation Framework” between the governments of Bangladesh and India.
2. For “Enhancing Cooperation in the Field of Strategic and Operational Studies” between Defence Services Command and Staff College, Mirpur, Dhaka, Bangladesh and Defence Services Staff College, Wellington (Nilgiris), Tamil Nadu, India.
3. For “Enhancing Cooperation in the field of National Security, Development and Strategic Studies” between National Defence College, Dhaka, Bangladesh and National Defence College, New Delhi, India.
4. On “Cooperation in the Peaceful Uses of Outer Space” between the governments of Bangladesh and India.
5. On “Co-operation in the field of Information Technology and Electronics” between Information and Communication Technology Division of Bangladesh and Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology of India.
6. On “Cooperation in the area of Cyber Security” between Bangladesh e-Government Computer Incident Response Team (BGD e-Gov CIRT), Bangladesh Computer Council of Ministry of Post, Telecommunication and IT and Indian Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT-In), Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, India.
7. On “Establishing Border Haats across the Border between India and Bangladesh” between the governments of Bangladesh and India.
8. On “Bilateral Judicial Sector Cooperation” between the governments of Bangladesh and India.
9. On “Training and Capacity Building Programme for Bangladeshi Judicial Officers in India” between the Supreme Court of Bangladesh and the National Judicial Academy, India.
10. Concerning “Cooperation on Aids to Navigation” between Department of Shipping, Ministry of Shipping, Bangladesh and Directorate General of Lighthouses and Lightships (DGLL), Ministry of Shipping, India.
11. On “Mutual Scientific Cooperation in the field of Earth Sciences for Research and Development” between Geological Survey of Bangladesh (GSB) and Geological Survey of India (GSI).
12. MoU & SOPs on Passenger and Cruise Services on the Coastal and Protocol Route between the governments of Bangladesh and India.
13. On “Development of Fairway from Sirajganj to Daikhowa and Ashuganj to Zakiganj on Indo-Bangladesh Protocol Route” between Ministry of Shipping, Bangladesh and Ministry of Shipping, India.
14. On “Cooperation in the Field of Mass Media” between the governments of Bangladesh and India.
15. For extending “Defence LOC” (Line of Credit) of $500 million between Bangladesh and India.
16. For “Extending a 3rd Line of Credit (LoC)” by India to Bangladesh between the governments of Bangladesh and India.