19 children among dead in Yemen raids | The Daily Star
12:00 AM, February 21, 2020 / LAST MODIFIED: 11:22 AM, February 21, 2020

19 children among dead in Yemen raids

Nineteen children were among at least 31 civilians killed in Saudi-led coalition's air strikes on rebel-held northern Yemen last week, the United Nations said yesterday. "UNICEF is sad to confirm that the recent attack in Al-Jawf, north of Yemen, on February 15, took the lives of 19 children (eight boys and 11 girls) and injured another 18 (nine boys and another nine girls)," the UN children's agency said in a statement. Saturday's air strikes came after the Iran-aligned rebels claimed to have shot down an aircraft of the Saudi-led coalition supporting the government.

Stay updated on the go with The Daily Star Android & iOS News App. Click here to download it for your device.

Grameenphone:
Type START <space> BR and send SMS it to 22222

Robi:
Type START <space> BR and send SMS it to 2222


Banglalink:
Type START <space> BR and send SMS it to 2225

Leave your comments

Top News

Top News

Top