Wedding programme turns tragic in Dhaka's Badda | The Daily Star
02:23 PM, September 18, 2020 / LAST MODIFIED: 02:30 PM, September 18, 2020

Wedding programme turns tragic in Badda

A wedding programme turned into a tragedy after one of the groom's friends died from electrocution in Dhaka's East Badda area early today.

The incident happened around 12:30am when Rana alias Babu, 25, touched an iron decoration for the "Gaye Holud" programme of his friend Hasan.

Mazharul Islam, another friend of the deceased, said all of them including Babu were attending the programme on the rooftop of a two storey-building.

The celebration paused for the rain but resumed once it stopped. There was rainwater on the rooftop. Around 12:30am, Babu touched the iron decoration and was electrocuted.

He was immediately rushed to Dhaka Medical College Hospital where doctors declared him dead around 2:15am, Mazharul said.

Hailed from Barishal, Babu, an employee of an internet service providing company in Badda area, was the youngest among three siblings. His death shocked his friends and those in the programme.

Bachchu Mia, in-charge (inspector) of the DMCH police outpost said the body was kept in the morgue for autopsy.

Stay updated on the go with The Daily Star Android & iOS News App. Click here to download it for your device.

Grameenphone:
Type START <space> BR and send SMS it to 22222

Robi:
Type START <space> BR and send SMS it to 2222


Banglalink:
Type START <space> BR and send SMS it to 2225

Leave your comments

Top News

Top News

Top