The last phase of Bangladesh's tour of Pakistan might be in jeopardy after schools in the Sindh province were directed to remain closed till March 13 after a second person was confirmed to have been infected with the coronavirus.
The Bangladesh Cricket Board said it would communicate with the Pakistan Cricket Board to get a clearer picture of the situation, adding that they were unwilling to send the team to Pakistan if there was any threat.
''For us, players safety is our first priority and we are not going to compromise with that at any cost. We will talk to PCB in this regard and if we see that there is any threat, then we will certainly not send our team to Pakistan. But at the moment it is too early to make a decision. We still have time on hand,'' BCB media committee chairman Jalal Younus said yesterday.
The Tigers are expected to travel to Karachi to play an ODI on April 3 and the second of the two-match Test series from April 5.