Savar UNO to face action: MKA
Home Minister MK Alamgir has said legal action would be taken against the upazila nirbahi officer (UNO) of Savar for his unauthorised certification of building's position that collapsed Wednesday.
Addressing a press briefing at the ministry, he also said the name of the UNO -- Kabir Hossain -- had been dropped from the five-member probe committee formed to probe the collapse that killed 243 people and left many still trapped in the rubble.
The announcement came hot on the heels of the State Minister for Labour and Employment Begum Munnujan Sufian's demand for dropping Kabir's name from the committee.
During a visit to the building a day before it collapsed, Kabir told journalists there would be no hazard of collapse, reported Bangla daily Prothom Alo.