Mother, son hurt in fire at home
A woman and her son suffered burns in a fire at their home in Nitaiganj area of Narayanganj yesterday.
The family said gas leakage might have caused the fire around 6:30am in their flat at the city's Mollapara.
The injured -- Sima Begum, 50, and her son Roman Hossain, 25 -- were undergoing treatment at Sheikh Hasina National Institute of Burn and Plastic Surgery in Dhaka.
Sima suffered 60 percent burns while her son 14 percent, said Toriqul Islam, a resident surgeon of the hospital.
"The fire started right after Sima tried to light a stove in the kitchen," her sister Saheda Begum said.