Gas leak: Man dies, wife burnt in Ctg
A man died and his wife suffered burn injuries in an explosion caused by a gas pipe leak at a house in Chattogram early yesterday.
The deceased was identified as Abdul Khalek, 65. His wife, Anwara Begum, 60, was admitted to Chattogram Medical College Hospital.
The incident took place in Dhuppul area around 2:00 am, said CMCH police outpost In Charge Sub-Inspector Nur Alam Asheq.
Their son rushed both of them to CMCH, where Abdul Khalek died of his injuries, he added.
Sanjay Kumar Sinha, officer-in-charge of Bandar Police Station, told The Daily Star that fire service personnel visited the spot and said they found a leak in the gas pipeline.