Two workers die in septic tank
Two construction workers died from suspected inhalation of toxic gases in an under-construction septic tank in Tangail's Delduar upazila yesterday.
The dead are: Mohammad Masud, 35, of Norunda village in Delduar, and his uncle Mohammad Elahi, 38, of Khagjana village in Tangail Sadar upazila.
The duo got into the septic tank at a house in Deojan village around 9:30am and did not come out, Hanifuzzaman Liton, chairman of Pathrail Union Parishad, told The Daily Star.
On information, a team of Fire Service and Civil Defence went to the spot and recovered the bodies, he added.
Rezaul Karim, assistant director of Fire Service and Civil Defence in Tangail, said the two might have died from inhalation of toxic gases accumulated in the septic tank.
A police team, led by Sarawar Hossain, additional superintendent of police in Tangail, visited the spot.
Sazzad Hossain, officer-in-charge of Delduar Police Station, said the bodies were handed to the families of the deceased after autopsies were carried out on them at Tangail General Hospital.
Police filed an unnatural death case with Delduar Police Station in connection with the incident.