Fire guts several shops in Chapainawabganj market
Several shops were gutted in a fire that broke out at Tohabazar in Chapainawabganj district today.
The fire that might have originated from an electrical short circuit at a shop soon spread to adjacent shops around 4:15pm, reports our Chapainawabganj correspondent quoting Meherul Islam, station officer of Chapainawabganj Fire Service and Civil Defence.
On information, five firefighting units of the fire station rushed to the spot and managed to bring the fire under control around 7:45pm, he said.
A shopkeeper told The Daily Star that at least 20 to 22 shops were gutted in the fire.
However, fire officials said they were still working to ascertain the damage caused by the fire.