Freezers used to preserve Covid-19 vaccines catch fire in Barguna
Two refrigerators used for storing coronavirus vaccines, caught fire at the Barguna civil surgeon's office early today.
However, there were no vaccines inside the two freezers at the time of the incident, reports our local correspondent quoting Civil Surgeon Dr Maria Hassan.
A pedestrian called fire service around 5:30am after seeing smoke coming out of a window of the office, said Md Khorshed Alam, an official of Barguna Fire Service and Civil Defence.
Firefighters went and brought the fire under control within a short time, he said, adding that primary supposition suggests that fire started due to an electrical short circuit.
The cause of the fire will be investigated and damage will be assessed, the civil surgeon said.