Fire in Narayanganj's Araihazar: 1 injured dies
A man, who sustained 95 percent burn injuries in fire from gas leakage at Kumarpara village in Narayanganj's Araihazar, died while undergoing treatment at the Sheikh Hasina National Institute of Burn and Plastic Surgery last night.
Solaiman Hossain (44), passed away around 10 pm at the intensive care unit (ICU), confirmed Dr Aiyub, resident surgeon of the institute.
Solaiman Hossain, a cloth trader; his wife Rima Akter (30); their two sons Mushfiqur Rahman Mahid (13) and Mahmudul Hasan Arosh (5) were injured in the fire at their house yesterday morning around 6:00am
"The fire originated at the house as Solaiman lit a match stick to boil water. The fire engulfed the house immediately," injured Rima said at the hospital.
The fire was suspected to have started from a leak in the gas cylinder they used for cooking.