3 workers die being electrocuted after falling off Gazipur building
Three construction workers fell off a four-storey building in Gazipur and died after being electrocuted as they became entangled in electricity cables on the way down.
The incident took place at Kewa village in Gazipur's Sreepur municipality around 9:30am, Deputy Director of Gazipur Fire Service Abdullah Al Arefin said.
He said the three workers were working on the top floor on a four-storey under-construction building. Suddenly, they slipped and fell down and got entangled in electricity cables below.
Fire service, police and power department personnel recovered the bodies, reports our Gazipur correspondent.
The identities of the victims could not be confirmed, the fire service official said.