2 die inhaling toxic gas inside septic tank in Tangail
Two workers died today after inhaling toxic gas inside a septic tank in Delduar upazila of Tangail, fire fighters said.
The deceased are Mohammad Masud (35) of Norunda village in Delduar upazila and his uncle Mohammad Elahi (38) of Khagjana village in Sadar upazila.
The duo got inside a septic tank at a house at Deojan village at around 9:30am today and did not come out, Hanifuzzaman Liton, chairman of Pathrail union parishad, told The Daily Star.
On information, a team of Fire Service and Civil Defence went to the spot and recovered their bodies, our Tangail correspondent quoted him as saying.
Rezaul Karim, assistant director of Fire Service and Civil Defence in Tangail, said they might have died due to inhalation of the poisonous gas accumulated inside the septic tank.
Upon information, a police team led by Sarawar Hossain, additional superindent of police in Tangail, visited the spot.