7 hurt in Pabna RMG factory fire
At least seven workers were injured while rushing to escape a fire that broke out at a garment factory in Ishwardi Export Processing Zone in Pabna on Tuesday.
The authorities declared the factory, Nakano International Company Limited, closed for Tuesday, reports our Pabna correspondent.
Rakib Rahman, manager of the factory, said workers of washing section noticed a spark caused by an electric short circuit around 10:00am.
The panicked workers went out of the one-storey factory building. But they joined work again after the power line was repaired.
Few minutes later, a fire originated from the same cable, the manager said.
Two fire fighting units brought under control the fire around 11:00am, he said.
At least seven workers sustained minor injuries when they were running for safety, he added.
The injured were rushed to Ishwardi Upazila Health Complex.
Later, the garment authority suspended production for Tuesday as the workers became panicked, Rakib said.