2 die inhaling 'toxic gas' in Narayanganj
Two workers were killed after inhaling ‘toxic gas' inside an Effluent Treatment Plants (ETP) of a textile mill in Shiddhirganj upazila of Narayanganj Sunday morning.
Deceased Shahidullah, 38, and Jasimuddin, 42, entered the ETP of Godnail Bornali Textile Dyeing and Printing Mill to clean it around 8:00am, said Abdul Matin, officer-in-charge of Siddhirganj Police Station.
The duo might die of inhaling the poisonous gas inside the ETP, the OC said.
Details of the victims and the incident could not be known immediately, reports our correspondent in Narayanganj.
The Bornali authority decided to clean the factory during the Eid vacation.