10 injured in explosion from ammonia leak
At least 10 persons suffered minor injuries in their panicked attempts to escape an ammonia cylinder explosion site in Chittagong city's Char Patharghata yesterday.
Of them, six were admitted to Chittagong Medical College Hospital (CMCH) while the rest at private hospitals and clinics. Dr Mahmudul Islam of CMCH said the injured were out of danger.
The cylinder exploded around 11:00am inside M/S Ice and Cold Factory,
which was closed, and the poisonous gas spread to an adjoining five storey building.
Unable to breathe, six students and their teacher of Sultania Ahmed Chhafa Sunnia Madrasa jumped from the second floor while three from a market below jumped into a nearby pond.