National Bank documents gutted
A fire that broke out at Motijheel branch of National Bank Limited in the city last night gutted two generators and some documents.
ABM Nurul Haque, assistant director of the Fire Service and Civil Defence (FSCD), told The Daily Star that the fire might be originated from an electric short circuit at about 7:00pm.
He said the fire originated on the first floor of the eight-stored building at Rajuk Avenue.
Six units of the fire service brought the fire under control at about 8:00pm.
AKM Shafiqur Rahman, executive vice-president of the bank, said the fire broke out after the banking hour. Therefore, there was no problem in banking transactions.