Did You Know?
The Rolling Stones
* Founder member Brian Jones named the band The Rollin' Stones to pay tribute to "Rollin' Stone" by Muddy Waters.
* Early in the band's history Jagger and Richards formed a song writing partnership and gradually took over leadership of the band from the increasingly troubled and erratic Jones.
* The band has released 22 studio albums in the UK (24 in the US), eight concert albums (nine in the US) and numerous compilations; and has album sales estimated at more than 200 million worldwide.
* In the early 1950s Keith Richards and Mick Jagger -- who are responsible for creating one of the greatest rock feuds -- were classmates at Wentworth Primary School in Dartford, Kent.
* The Rolling Stones' logo, designed by John Pasche, was introduced in 1971.
* Martin Scorsese filmed on October 29 and November 1, 2006 the Rolling Stones performances at New York City's Beacon Theatre which was released as the 2008 film “Shine a Light”.