Three shops gutted
Three shops were gutted in a fire at Patkelghata Bazar in Tala upazila on Monday night. Locals said the fire originated from an electric short circuit at a grocery shop at the bazar at around 11:00pm and soon spread to one medicine shop and a stationery shop. On information, a fire fighting unit from Satkhira rushed in and doused the blaze after one hour of frantic efforts. One of the affected shop owners, Dilip Ghosh, claimed that the loss caused by the fire could go up to Tk 50 lakh.