Rickshaw puller 'electrocuted'
A rickshaw puller allegedly died in electrocution in the capital's Pallabi area yesterday.
Anisur Rahman, 25, was electrocuted while he was bathing at an under-construction building at about 12:30pm at Shialbari in Rupnagar.
Caretaker of the building, Abdul Majid, took him to Dhaka Medical College Hospital (DMCH) where the doctor declared him dead.
DMCH source said marks of injuries were found at different parts of his body.
Hospital's camp police picked up the caretaker.
Majid told journalists that the deceased is a rickshaw puller. Anisur often came to take shower at the under-construction building.
“As he switched on motor for shower, Anisur got electric shock and skid off on brick's pile,” he claimed.
Sub-Inspector of Pallabi Police Station Feroz Hossain Molla said the construction workers told police that they witnessed him electrocuted.