University student electrocuted
A university student was electrocuted in the Afghan Mosque area under Bakalia Police Station in the port city around 8:00am yesterday.
The deceased Rahul Rudra, 20, son of Barun Rudra of Pakni Kota under Anwara upazila in Chittagong, was a second-year student of BGC Trust University in Chittagong.
Sub-Inspector Manjur of Bakalia Police Station said Rahul was electrocuted when he switched on a light bulb in his house. He was rushed to Chittagong Medical College Hospital where doctors declared him dead.