Jute godown, seven shops gutted
Fire gutted a jute godown in Darshana municipality bus stand area in Damurhuda upazila Saturday.
Local people said the fire originated from an electric short circuit in the godown at about 2:00pm and soon spread to the entire godown.
Godown owner Aslam Uddin claimed that valuables worth Tk 10 lakh were gutted by the fire.
In Brahmanbaria, a devastating fire gutted seven shops at remote Baishmouja bazaar in Nabinagar upazila Saturday night.
Affected shop owners claimed that the extent of loss from the fire could go up to Tk 15 lakh.