Candle factory gutted in Ctg
Properties worth around Tk 2 lakh were gutted in a fire at a candle factory in Raozan upazila on Friday.
Agrabad Fire Service Station Duty Officer Bishantor Barua said the fire broke out following an electric short circuit in the factory, owned by a local businessman Md Ismail, at around 4:00am and spread fast, engulfing one part of the factory.
“One unit from Hathazari Fire Station rushed to the spot and doused the flames within half an hour. We also managed to save properties worth around Tk 3 lakh from the factory,” he said.