BKB branch needed
Koraish Munshi Bazar under P.S. Dagunbhuyan, Dist. Feni is in dire need of a bank branch for obvious financial reasons. The locality surrounding the markets has the following favourable points for opening a bank branch.
1. The market is located almost in the middle of an area measuring 7 (seven) square miles on an average inhabited by nearly 60 (sixty) thousand people.
2. The market is the oldest and the biggest one in the locality. There are large numbers of business institutions in the market and in the surrounding areas.
3. The people of the locality within the jurisdiction of the market are very much interested to get the benefit of banking facilities, particularly the financial support advanced by the Bangladesh Krishi Bank.
4. There are vast tracts of agricultural land --almost 90% under-utilised in the locality. There is, therefore, ample scope of commercial utilisation of these unutilised valuable agricultural lands by setting up agro-based industries such as fisheries projects, horticulture, dairy farm, brick manufacturing etc., which shall require fruitful investment by the BKB.
5. The market is well connected from all sides by pucca roads having facilities of electricity, telephone and police outpost etc.
6. The market offers facilities for office accommodation of a bank as well as residential arrangements of bank officials.
7. The market and its surrounding areas have abundance of potential depositors/clients who require remittances to be transacted through a bank.
8. The locality has a large number of unemployed educated and uneducated young men. There is scope of creating employment opportunities locally for these unemployed people by ensuring intensive utilisation of under- unutilised farmland belonging to the local people.
9. The establishment of a branch of BKB will help the people realise and understand the system of banking and investment in rural economy.
10. The remittances from abroad together with local savings of the people shall accumulate into a huge fund and can be put to effective use for enhancement of farm output, which shall not only make the branch self-sufficient financially, but also turn it into a surplus economic zone.
11. The branch of BKB shall stand as a model financial institution for the people and help them to come forward with investment and banking proposals to suit their real financial needs.
12. In view of the above points, I would request the authorities concerned-Ministry of Finance, Bangladesh Bank & the Bangladesh Krishi Bank to kindly do the needful so that the aspirations of the people are fulfilled at an early date and the locality is blessed with a model banking institution serving the people at the grassroots level-- the life-blood of the nation.