Summer make up tips
– Exfoliate your face
– Only use concealer to cover spots and shadows
– Opt for a Tinted Moisturiser (make your own by mixing oil-free moisturiser with foundation for a sheer look)
– Use the right tools. For light bases, use synthetic buffing brushes to make the foundation look less oily and last longer
– Use waterproof formulas especially for eye-liners/mascara.
– Build the right base with oil-free moisturiser in the morning followed by oil-free foundation formula.
– Use a primer, which goes on after moisturiser and before face makeup, to keep the makeup in place, especially in summer.
– Bronzer is only for the high points of the face where light hits naturally, like the forehead, chin, nose, and cheekbones. Remember it brightens up the eyes.
– Lighter make up always creases less and looks less cakey.
– Cream foundations or anything too luminous adds more shine and makes you sweat more.
– Keep the rich, deep colours for the evening and sheer lip and eye colours for the day. For summer in general, keeping it light is your safest bet.
– For long lasting eye shadow, use an eye primer to reduce creasing and avoid eye cream on the lids
– Prevent shine and add glow with blotting papers.
– Say no to heavy matte lipsticks for the summer.