Lessons I learnt from travelling
Travelling is the best therapy of all. Travelling has taught me more than any classroom ever has. It has shown me the practical implications of life. It has taught me to respect everyone's views. So let's explore a few lessons that I have learnt throughout the years of travelling.
1. Getting out of your comfort zone: We are always reluctant on budging from our comfort zone, meaning there is hardly any scope for improvement. While travelling, you leave your known places and start visiting ones that are fairly new to you. You try new cuisine, meet new people. And with this, comes a great sense of self-exploration.
2. It broadens your horizons: While travelling, we absorb the historical essence of a place. We get to know about so many inside stories that no book shares with you. It teaches us to look into things beyond the surface level.
3. It teaches you to respect different cultures: Not everyone shares the same beliefs and opinions. Even though we all know to respect each other's opinions, we hardly do that in reality. So when we travel and meet new people, we learn to respect those differences.
4. How to live on a budget: When we travel, we obviously do not carry ample amounts of money with us. We all have a fixed budget, within which, we have to wrap up the trip. So you learn to make ends meet by staying under a budget constraint.
5. To be ready for emergencies: Not everything will always go how you plan it. Maybe the hotel you booked does not look the way it did on their website. Or the journey was more tiring than you anticipated. When you travel, you learn how to deal with emergencies that might come up anytime.
I have always grabbed any opportunity for travelling whenever it came, because I know the blessings that come with travelling can't be counted. So I also encourage everyone to travel more and more because your best teacher is out in nature.