Chunky jewellery is back with vengeance, be it bib chunkies, collar chunkies or statement pieces. The best thing about chunky jewellery is that you do not have to fret too much on complementing; they match with almost everything – deshi, western, tribal — the list is an exhaustive one.
So here go few tips and tricks for y'all —
* By mentioning chunky jewellery we almost always associate it with fashionable neckpieces. So do not fret if your statement chunk necklace did not come along with matched earrings. You do not even need one as long you are doing justice to the former.
* If you are really conscious about colour unities, blending and harmonisation then we would suggest that you get a multicoloured neckpiece that suits your every mood, and of course every occasion!
* Terracotta chunkies look best paired with traditional cotton saris, kameezs, kurtis or T-shirts. If you are wondering what's left, well, the emphasis we are putting on here is the fabric — cotton!
* Chunky beads like five layers, ten layers or more look best on silk, georgette, chiffon, etc.
* Saints chunkies may seem mundane but goes superbly well with suits and western formals.
* Vintage chunkies gel superbly well with saris, gowns, semi-formals, and cocktail party dresses.
* You can get chunkies in gold, vintage coins, silver and precious stones. You may don whichever suits your personality.
* Ethnic chunky neckpieces are all the rage this season, especially the ones flaunting feathers, tassels and moonstones.
* Bib chokers and bib statements in silver are all you need to stand out exclusively amongst the crowd.
* Few chunk jewellery come with special pendants like the medusa head, pharaoh, angel, Buddha , the Horus eye; it's fun to wear these special neckpieces only if you feel that you are particularly close to the symbol, or at least know what it signifies.
* An evening with a prospect of going on till dawn with DJs rocking the mood calls for chunkies in precious stones.
* A Baishakhi adda at friend's place or a club, a game of Call Bridge, or low key musical soiree — gold can never go wrong.
Lastly we would like to say that every piece of your clothing highlights the person that you are. Similarly your jewellery also adds to your personality. So if you are wearing a chunky neckpiece make sure that it draws attention to you, rather than taking the focus away.
Shine like a diamond, even when you are not wearing one!
Photo: Sazzad Ibne Sayed
Jewellery: Kolors of Kathmandu
Make-up: Farzana Shakil’s Makeover Salon
Styling: Sonia Yeasmin Isha