Trader electrocuted as market catches fire in Bogra town
A shop owner was electrocuted after a fire broke out at a market in Bogra town early yesterday.
The deceased, Moazzem Hossain, 28, son of Hafizar Rahman of Shahardighi area in the town, was the owner of an electronics shop at Meherunnesa Market in Temple Road.
Witnesses said the fire originated from an electric shot circuit at a shop on the ground floor of the market around 2:00am and soon spread to two adjacent electronics shops.
Hearing screams of the night guards, local people rushed to the spot and informed the police and the fire service station.
On information, a fire fighting unit from Bogra fire station went to the spot and brought the blaze under control.
After a while, Moazzem entered his shop on the ground floor to make an assessment of the damaged goods.
During the process, Moazzem came in contact with a snapped live electric-wire. Fire fighters rescued him from inside the shop and took him to Bogra Shaheed Ziaur Rahman Medical College Hospital where the doctors declared him dead.
The affected shop owners said the extent of losses caused by the fire could go up to Tk 3 lakh.