Toxic gas kills 3 workers in Bogra
Two workers died after inhaling toxic gas while cleaning the chest house of a paper mill at Baromile of Kahaloo upazila in Bogra this afternoon.
The deceased were identified as Hira Mia, 28, of Jogarpara village, and Adar Ali, 22, of Jinai village in Kahaloo upazila and Shahadat Hossain, 19, of Kulahar village in Shibganj upazila of the district.
Police said three workers of Azad Pulp and Paper Mills went to clean the chest house and became unconscious around 11:00am.
The chest house is an underground room where the workers prepare paper pulp.
Police with the help of locals recovered the bodies and sent those to Shaheed Ziaur Rahman Medical College and Hospital (SZMCH) where doctors declared them dead.
Confirming the incident, Gaziur Rahman, senior assistant superintendent of Police (B Circle), said toxic gas might have formed inside the chest house during the Eid vacation.
Kahaloo police are looking into the matter, he said.