Elderly couple dies from electrocution | The Daily Star
12:00 AM, July 02, 2020 / LAST MODIFIED: 01:07 AM, July 02, 2020

Elderly couple dies from electrocution

A man and his wife died from electrocution in Kawkhali upazila of the district yesterday.

The deceased are Azahar Ali Khan, 75, and his wife Renu Begum, 60, of Kathaliya village in the upazila.

The elderly couple's two-year-old grandson Yeasin, who also sustained injury during the incident, is now undergoing treatment at hospital.

Yeasin's father Rezaul Karim said his mother first came in contact with a snapped live electric wire at their courtyard around 11:00am.

Seeing her, Azahar rushed there and tried to save his wife but he too got injured.

At that time, Yasin, who was playing there, also came in contact with his grandparents and sustain injuries.

Hearing screams, neighbors rescued them and took them to Kawkhali Upazila Health Complex where the doctors declared Azahar and Renu dead.

Yeasin was later sent to Barishal Sher-e-Bangla Medical College Hospital for better treatment, Kawkahli Upazila Nirbahi Officer Khaleda Khatun Rekha said.

Stay updated on the go with The Daily Star Android & iOS News App. Click here to download it for your device.

Grameenphone:
Type START <space> BR and send SMS it to 22222

Robi:
Type START <space> BR and send SMS it to 2222


Banglalink:
Type START <space> BR and send SMS it to 2225

Leave your comments

Top News

Top News

Top