2 injured in Manikganj fire | The Daily Star
12:00 AM, December 05, 2018 / LAST MODIFIED: 12:00 AM, December 05, 2018

2 injured in Manikganj fire

Two traders sustained minor burn injuries when they went to douse a fire at a shop and a rice godown at Jhitka Bazar in Harirampur upazila yesterday.

Injured Manik Mia and Nurul Islam of the area were admitted to a local clinic.

Locals and fire service sources said the fire originated at the quilt shop of Babul Hossain around 10:00am and engulfed the godown of Shahidul Islam. Manik and Nurul sustained injuries when they went to douse the fire.

Jahirul Islam, general secretary of Jhitka Bazar Banik Samity, said the loss caused by the fire could go up to Tk 10 lakh.

Station Officer of Manikganj Fire Service and Civil Defense Sabjal Hossain said the fire might have originated from an electric short circuit or a burning cigarette.

Stay updated on the go with The Daily Star Android & iOS News App. Click here to download it for your device.

Grameenphone:
Type START <space> BR and send SMS it to 22222

Robi:
Type START <space> BR and send SMS it to 2222


Banglalink:
Type START <space> BR and send SMS it to 2225

Leave your comments

Top News

Top News

Top