Killers of 4 Habiganj kids to be tried at special tribunal: Minister
The trial of those accused in the killing of four children in Habiganj two days ago will be held at the special tribunal, State Minister for Women and Children Affairs Meher Afroz Chumki said today.
“The killers behind the murder of the children will be tried in the special tribunal. None will be spared,” the junior minister said after visiting the victims’ family members.
Terming the incident as heinous, Meher Afroz said that police are trying to arrest the culprits who went into hiding after killing the children.
“We will take stern action if any political leaders irrespective of any affiliation are found to be involved. We will even take action against police if any kinds of negligence were to arise during the investigation,” she warned.
“We will give Tk 50 thousand to each of the victims’ family,” the state minister said while visiting them on behalf of Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina.
The bodies of four kids were found buried under the sand in Bahubal upazila of Habiganj on Wednesday.
After performing their autopsy yesterday, doctors of Habiganj Sadar Hospital found strangulation to be the cause of death.
Four days into going missing, the bodies of Monir Miah, 7, Zakaria Shuvo, 8, Mohammad Tajel Mia, 10, and Ismail Miah, 10, were found from a Balu Mahal (a place from where sand is extract) at Sundrateki village.
Four persons were detained so far in this connection.