Hotel boy dies from burn injuries
A hotel boy died from burn injuries as a kerosene stove went off at Alipur Bazar in Kalapara upazila of the district.
The victim is Bashar Fakir, 16, son of Md Zakir Fakir of Alipur village. He worked at the roadside hotel.
Zakir, also owner of the hotel, said when they were preparing iftar items on Monday, a kerosene stove suddenly exploded. Bashar sustained serious burn injuries in the explosion.
He was rushed to 20-bed Kuakata Hospital and then shifted to Barisal Sher-E-Bangla Medical College Hospital as his condition deteriorated. He was later referred to Dhaka Medical College Hospital (DMCH).
Yesterday, the boy died on way to DMCH, said Md Masudur Rahman, officer-in-charge of Mohipur Police Station.
Earlier, relatives of Badsha assaulted Dr Kamruzzaman of Kuakata Hospital for his alleged delay to visit the patient, said the OC.
Dr Kamruzzaman filed a case in connection with the incident, he said.