Five members of a family fell sick after eating grapes in Chirirbandar upazila yesterday.
They are Abdus Salam, 70, Hasina Banu, 50, Saleha Khatun, 35, Sharmin Akter, 20 and Nayan, 4, of Hazaratpur village.
They were admitted to Chirirbandar Upazila Health Complex.
Salam said one of his relatives came to his house on Wednesday with one kilogram of grapes. He and his family members ate the grapes on Thursday morning, Salam said, adding that they started falling sick one after another at noon.
They felt dizzy and suffered from stomach pains and vomiting, he said.
Dr Azmal Haque of the health complex said perhaps the grapes had not been washed properly.