Bangladesh today signed two agreements and four memoranda of understanding (MoUs) with Saudi Arabia.
The instruments were signed at Prime Minister’s Office in Dhaka, in presence of Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina.
The two agreements are:
- Agreement between Alfanar Company and Electricity Generation Company of Bangladesh Limited for 100MW Solar IPP.
- Agreement between General Electric Manufacturing Co. Limited and Engineering Dimension on manufacturing transformer and electricity devices.
The four other memoranda of understandings are:
- MoU between Bangladesh Chemical Industries Corporation and Yousuf Al Rajhi Const. Est. on urea formaldehyde plant.
- MoU between Al Maml Trading Est. and BMET
- MoU between Bangladesh Sugar and Food Industries Corporation and Al-Afaliq Group on Saudi-Bangladesh institute of bio-medical engineering and technology
- Bangladesh Steel and Engineering Corporation and Riyadh Cables Group of Companies on manufacturing cables.
Visiting Saudi delegation, comprising of government officials and business tycoons, has said they want to usher a new chapter of relationship with Bangladesh during their visit.
Local authorities have said the prospective investment sum is about US $25 billion.