Two sustain burns in gas cylinder blast | The Daily Star
12:00 AM, February 19, 2020 / LAST MODIFIED: 12:53 AM, February 19, 2020

Two sustain burns in gas cylinder blast

Two youths suffered burn injuries in a fire yesterday evening, supposedly caused by the explosion of a kitchen gas cylinder in Shyampur area of the capital.

The injured were identified as Md Sajib (24) and Hafizul (23). They were rushed to the burn unit of Dhaka Medical College Hospital (DMCH).

The duo live at a tin-shed house near Dhaka Match Factory in the old part of Dhaka.

Zakir Hossain, a roommate of the injured, told reporters that both of them work at a workshop. They came home from workplace in the afternoon and were preparing to cook.

The cylinder exploded when the stove was lit around 6:30pm, he said.

Quoting physicians of the burn unit, DMCH police outpost in-charge Bacchu Mia told reporters that Hafijul suffered 30 percent burns, while Sajib eight percent burns.

 

Stay updated on the go with The Daily Star Android & iOS News App. Click here to download it for your device.

Grameenphone:
Type START <space> BR and send SMS it to 22222

Robi:
Type START <space> BR and send SMS it to 2222


Banglalink:
Type START <space> BR and send SMS it to 2225

Leave your comments

Top News

Top News

Top