A fire that broke out at a Bata showroom in Khilgaon-Banasree area last night was extinguished after three hours of fire-fighting, but a large number of shoes and other goods were burnt to ashes.
"The fire broke out at the Bata showroom and warehouse located on the ground and 1st floors of a six-storey building at B-block of Khilgaon-Banasree area around 10:17 pm," said Fire Service Department duty officer Lima Khan.
A total of seven fire-fighting units from Khilgaon, Tejgaon and the Civil Service Headquarters rushed to the spot and doused the flames around 1:30am, she said.
A large number of shoes and other materials were gutted in the fire but no casualty was reported, said the fire department official.
The fire may have originated from an electric short-circuit, Lima added.