Schoolgirl dies from electrocution | The Daily Star
12:00 AM, August 15, 2019 / LAST MODIFIED: 12:00 AM, August 15, 2019

Schoolgirl dies from electrocution

A schoolgirl died of electrocution at her house in West Rampura of Chattogram city yesterday.

The deceased is Afsana Jahan Tasfi, 15, daughter of Habibur Rahman. She was a tenth-grader at Khaza Garibe Newaz High School in the city, said police. 

 Afsana  was critically injured around 10am when she came in contact with the balcony grill that was electrified by a live wire, said Assistant Sub-inspector Shilabrata Barua of Chattogram Medical College Hospital (CMCH) Police Outpost.

 She was rushed to CMCH where the on-duty doctor declared her dead, he said.

Stay updated on the go with The Daily Star Android & iOS News App. Click here to download it for your device.

Grameenphone:
Type START <space> BR and send SMS it to 22222

Robi:
Type START <space> BR and send SMS it to 2222


Banglalink:
Type START <space> BR and send SMS it to 2225

Leave your comments

Top News

Top News

Top