A worker was electrocuted to death, falling on electric wires at Hathazari upazila in Chattogram yesterday morning.
The deceased was identified as Mohammad Mohiuddin, 20, said Sub-Inspector Ajay Kumar Paul of Hathazari police station.
Climbing a ladder, Mohiuddin was painting the outside wall of the first floor of a three-storey building at Chikandandi at Chowdhuryhat, said the SI.
“Locals said he slipped off the ladder and fell on the wires of an adjacent electric pole, and got electrocuted,” he said. On information, fire fighters rushed to the spot and brought down the hanging body.
The body was sent to Chattogram Medical College Hospital morgue for post mortem. An unnatural death case was filed, police said.