Four of a family injured in 'gas leak explosion' | The Daily Star
12:00 AM, April 07, 2019 / LAST MODIFIED: 02:58 AM, April 07, 2019

Four of a family injured in 'gas leak explosion'

Four members of a family, including three children, sustained critical burn injuries in an explosion -- possibly caused from a leaky gas pipeline -- at a house in Fatullah of Narayanganj yesterday.

The inured are: Fatema Akhter, 35; her daughter Faria Akhter, 9; and two sons -- Rafi, 11; and Safwan, 5.

They were admitted to the burn unit of Dhaka Medical College Hospital last night.

Sabbir Ahmed, a local, said the family lives in a rented flat on the second floor of a five-storey building in Giridhara residential area.

“The explosion happened around 9:45pm when Fatema was lighting a gas stove. Doors and windows of the flat were blown away,” he added.

Bachchu Mia, in-charge of DMCH police outpost, said the injured are in a critical condition.

Aslam Hossain, officer-in-charge of Fatullah Police Station, said they suspect the stove was not put off fully and thus the gas spread the whole room.

Stay updated on the go with The Daily Star Android & iOS News App. Click here to download it for your device.

Grameenphone:
Type START <space> BR and send SMS it to 22222

Robi:
Type START <space> BR and send SMS it to 2222


Banglalink:
Type START <space> BR and send SMS it to 2225

Leave your comments

Top News

Top News

Top