Fire caused by ‘TV explosion’ leaves couple severely injured | The Daily Star
12:00 AM, May 17, 2019 / LAST MODIFIED: 01:25 AM, May 17, 2019

Fire caused by ‘TV explosion’ leaves couple severely injured

A couple suffered severe burn injuries in a fire caused by a “TV explosion” at a house in Dhaka’s Agargaon area yesterday afternoon.

Akhter Hasan, 40, a pharmaceutiacal trader, and his wife Salma Akhter, 35, were admitted to Dhaka Medical College Hospital (DMCH) with 97 percent and 95 percent burns respectively, Inspector Bachchu Mia, in-charge of DMCH Police Outpost, told The Daily Star.

The incident took place on the ground floor of a three-storey building in Pashchim Agargaon around 4pm, Jane Alam Munshi, officer-in-charge of Sher-e-Bangla Nagar Police Station, told The Daily Star.

The fire broke out supposedly following explosion of an old television set at Akhter’s flat, said Jane Alam.

The couple’s son is safe as he was out of the house during the incident, added the OC.

Stay updated on the go with The Daily Star Android & iOS News App. Click here to download it for your device.

Grameenphone:
Type START <space> BR and send SMS it to 22222

Robi:
Type START <space> BR and send SMS it to 2222


Banglalink:
Type START <space> BR and send SMS it to 2225

Leave your comments

Top News

Top News

Top